The Bowl Headed

Fashion + Imagery

Follow

December 21, 2014

Sweeter Innocence

Lace and layer.
This dress is actually made by me, this was the final plate on my second year and we were asked to make a cocktail dress, believe it or not, this is my cocktail dress. The fabric- lace, is a character of its own, it has this dainty and romantic appeal, but with proper styling you can actually variate the persona of your outfit with lace. Anyway, this outfit was worn to a photo shoot last week and it was the last washday before the break.
With this look I tried to make it as casual, since the upper part of the dress is made out of tulle I decided to wear a white button-up underneath, just so I wouldn't look obscene to school and not too dressy. I love how the dress and the button-up creates this illusion that they are just one piece, makes the whole outfit look lighter. Contrast is key. Atleast for me. Since the tops are white, I decided to go for a darker palette on the bottom part of the look. Finished everything with a choker, as a minimal detail.

The yuletide season is surely here, Christmas lights continuously lighting the streets and homes of people, presents being stacked under the Christmas tree, and of course love ones coming home to celebrate with the whole family. Nothing beats this holiday, for sure the best the whole year. And since I'm on break from school, expect more outfits this holiday.

choker Everyday Washday



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Bowl Headed | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig