The Bowl Headed

Fashion + Imagery

Follow

March 8, 2015

Secret Griefs

Pinstripes and Grids on electric pleats.
Just so happy I've gotten myself out of such a demanding week. I was literally bombarded with plates and deadlines, sleepless nights and lousy days. It felt like I was drowning in my own laziness because I almost couldn't keep up with my procrastinations. Just a tip from a student to a student, although I'm pretty sure I'm just good at giving out encouraging words but couldn't get myself to doing it, but if possible try not to pile up your projects or plates and work on them one by one. AHA! Such ease at saying those words but really takes a lot of mountains to actually get me to do it. Anyway, now I'm in a much lighter disposition, let this blog post be the proof. It has been quite a hiatus before I've finally come back to this state. Let it always be like this from now on. Well it will be, three more major plates and some minor finals is what's in between me and that much-deserved summer break. 

I know you may have noticed I haven't been posting washday outfits lately and it's either I chose to dress down or I just wasn't able to squeeze in a little time to blog. Apologies to the bowl headed gods, but here is one outfit I wore last Wednesday. This was not exactly how I wore this look last Wednesday but I had the thought of how I should have worn this, so I just went with it and so this is  how I'm blogging this look. Really love how two opposing prints would unify for a look, pinstripes and grids are really a good match. Although not much of grids this season and more for pinstripes, I'm seeing why the latter print is being foregrounded in this season's menswear, it can just work with anything. And by anything I mean, print on print or just having it shine on its own. Quite frankly, I have been on the eye for this print on trousers and if I hadn't scored this one at a thrift shop I would have seen myself going to the seamstress and have my own pinstripe trousers made. Luckily, the heavens were on me and did me a huge favor. Moreover, this could have been a dress down as it was without this white button-up. Decided to overlay the top to it to bring it out from its dress down despair. I also felt (and just realized) that it's quintessential to "The Bowl Headed" style doing what I did with this look. Furthermore, can't wait to end this semester and just focus on this blog and give you, my dear readers more looks as possible.

top Vintage
trousers Thrift
shoes Topshop



Get this look for $268+ on Lookastic: White Dress Shirt, Black Vertical Striped Chinos, Black Suede Chelsea Boots, and Black Check Crew-neck T-shirt
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Bowl Headed | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig