The Bowl Headed

Fashion + Imagery

Follow

February 8, 2015

Old Roots

It has been so long ago since the last time I've worn a Hawaiian shirt. Frankly, it may not be so frequent on the blog but this shirt will always be a staple, a go-to. I may have said this before but I will say it again, I love the vibe Hawaiian shirts exude, they just naturally have this vintage appeal and you know me, I'm all for vintage. So for last Saturday, I wore this outfit to school. Something so casual and something so easy to put together. Wore a white shirt and used this Hawaiian shirt as a coverup, then matched everything with my favorite metallic skinny jeans (though it has lost its metallic-ness). Just lately, if I don't wear a top with collar or decided not to button-up I always finish the look with this velvet choker, it just adds an extra touch of grunge. Also, I have been overusing this pair of ankle boots as they are just so comfortable and also slowly by slowly I am feeling the fringe and the more I keep using it the more I love it. Anyway, sometimes it's just so nice to go back to where you once started and revel with it, a sense of nostalgia? maybe, but for sure it's something I'll always go back to. I will never get tired of wearing Hawaiian shirts, ever!

choker Everyday Washday
hawaiian shirt Tropikal Relik
pants Terranova
boots Topshop


Get this look for $55+ on Lookastic: White Crew-neck T-shirt, Black Skinny Jeans, Black Suede Boots, and Black Print Dress Shirt
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Bowl Headed | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig